When The Community Co. came to GO-VA to start a global team, Managing Director Pedzi Mawande was close to giving up outsourcing.
Issues with the time difference, sluggish internet connection, power cuts, and lack of consistency in the work their previous outsourcing partners had made Pedzi think of GO-VA in Cebu as his “last hurrah.”
We are deeply pleased that he and The Community Co. have stayed with us for 4 years now.
How did GO-VA help?
As body corporate managers, The Community Co. look after property maintenance, administrative concerns, insurance, and harmonious relations amongst neighbors. They serve as “business managers for communities.”
- Started a Global Office for The Community Co. in June 2016 with one team member, who is now their financial manager
- Found other highly skilled, coachable, and driven teammates who provide The Community Co. with their administrative, bookkeeping, and other operational support needs
- Made sure the team didn’t have to endure slow internet speeds or power cuts
- Shared insights on how to manage an offshore outsourced team more effectively
- Grew the team from 1 full-time VA in June 2016 to 6 as of April 2020, including an operations manager
- Found a bookkeeper, an accounts payable VA, and 2 junior administrative assistants to support the business—with plenty of room to grow and a variety of other job roles GO-VA can fill as needed
- Nurtured a high-performing working relationship with The Community Co.: Both Managing Director Pedzi Mawande and Executive Director George Salloum have visited their GO-VA team in Cebu City
- The Community Co. are happy with the facilities, security, and working conditions their team enjoys—which includes access to a doctor and nurse on-site. They appreciate the fact that GO-VA CEO Fiona Kesby and Founder Matt Kesby are both based in Cebu, which they see as a sign of deep commitment to the growth of GO-VA and the community of businesses we serve.
This is my third trip back here and I have to say the facilities are world-class. I made it my goal to come and visit this time and see what the operations were like because I just wanted to make sure that the staff were getting treated well and they weren’t being taken advantage of, because you do hear those stories (about other organisations).I was very pleasantly surprised to come to a world-class building…and the feedback that I get (from the team)! I always wish I could come here more.
The Community Co.