Meet the team
• Has been outsourcing to overseas staff since 2008.
• owner of NUPAY Investments
• Execution Practice Leader for Australia & NZ – Franklin Covey for 7 years
General Manager / Results Coach
• Manager of a 5-Star Hotel Opening
• 2 years experience working in Singapore for an IT start-up
• University Instructor
• Informa Australia Sales Director
• Customer Service and Technical Support Expert for 7 years
• Customer Service Trainer
• Quality Assurance Specialist
• Team Leader of 30 people
Client Services Manager
• 3 years Sales Manager
• Worked with clients from the US, UK, Australia, NZ, Singapore, Japan, HK, UAE, and Qatar.
• Attended Leadership Seminar from Curtin University
• Internship at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for 6 months
HR - Employee Relations Officer
• 1 year experience in the Outsourcing Industry
Accounts / Bookkeeper
• 2 years work experience in Singapore
• 6 years work experience in Taiwan
Videographer / Photographer
• Fashion Photographer of Model Association of the Philippines with 5 years in the industry
We possess an internal drive to succeed and help our clients exceed their goals.
We care deeply about the success of our clients knowing that their success is our long-term success. We care about our work mates and treat everyone as we would wish to be treated.
We possess a thirst for learning new skills and commit to extended learning to keep ourselves adding value to our clients and each other.
We focus and get the job done. We believe in measurements and creating winnable games across all the work we do.
Find a way
We take responsibility, accountability and ownership for our actions. We embrace challenges and commit to finding resolutions to any obstacle.
How it all started...
GO-VA was founded in May 2014 by Matt Kesby an Australian Entrepreneur and Execution Practise Leader for Franklin Covey. FranklinCovey is a global leader in effectiveness training, productivity tools, strategy execution consulting and assessment services for organisations and individuals. Well known for the books, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and The 4 Disciplines of Execution.
In 2008, Matt & his sister, Fiona Kesby GO-VA’s CEO, started offshoring tasks via Upwork (Odesk). There were many great success stories and also many frustrations in managing a virtual team working from home. Deadlines missed as VA’s were working for other clients, not being able to make contact for days, interruptions due to power outages and internet loss. Not to mention the loss of time training up new team members with each new project.
The concept was great but wasn’t truly effective. With Matt’s passion for the SME sector, his experience with freelance virtual assistants and his execution management experience, he wanted all business owners to have the opportunity to effectively offshore tasks without the high costs of setting up an offshore business or the loss of control via complete outsourcing. Thus, GO-VA was created. GO-VA finds the top talent in the market, have their client decide who and how work will be performed and then, house and care for them in their office in Cebu, Philippines. The office is led by Fiona who relocated to the Philippines in May 2015 and brought 16 years of Australian & International Recruitment experience. GO-VA’s philosophy is to offshore low value tasks to the Philippines in order to create more time for Australian, NZ, US, UK & Singapore based team members to execute on strategy and scale their business.
Our mission is to help your business scale and to be a catalyst for your team to exceed.
- 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- 4.6 million people (2.5m in the metro)
- 22 universities
- 100+ outsourcing companies
- 8th top global outsourcing destination in 2015
- 30 minutes from the international airport & beaches
- 15 minutes to mountain resorts
- the Philippines ranks 3rd in Asia for English proficiency
- relatively low cost of living